History Hound Bundle
For the furry family members in your life, who may enjoy history as much as you do! The History Hound Bundle includes four unique items carefully chosen by our staff: CO-made dog treats by the beloved Cosmo’s Dog Bakery, a guide to Colorado’s best hikes, a one-of-a kind doggy bandana, and a water bottle to take on your adventure.
History Hound Dog Treats
History Hound Dog Treats are a specialty product made just for History Colorado by Cosmo’s Dog Bakery, a local dog biscuit bakery and small business. The dog treats are made without additives and preservatives or any sugar or salt added. Each treat is hand-cut and baked on a low temperature for a long time to ensure long-lasting quality.
- 8 oz package
- 12 month shelf life
- Ingredients: pumpkin, apple, blueberry, peanut butter and ginger
- Made in Colorado
Best Hikes with Dogs in Colorado by Ania Savage
With a History Hound dog treat (or two) in your pocket, you and your four-legged partner will be ready to hit the trails with this excellent book. Whether your dog is big or small, an overweight couch potato or a muscular retriever, Ania Savage has selected the best trails in Colorado for every type of dog. She's been hiking with canine companions for more than twenty years and looks at the land through dog-centric eyes. These hikes will delight both you and your pet with panoramic views, soft tundra grasses, plenty of flowing water, and unexplored valleys and forests where you may have the trail to yourself. Savage puts a premium on canine safety, including tips on how to gauge the effect of high altitude and thin air on your dog.
Includes short day hikes to longer backpacking trips, many trails are clustered along the three highway "corridors" that penetrate the Colorado Rockies. There are trails to be found from the Wyoming border to the San Juan Mountains in southern Colorado and west to Grand Junction, and including the Foothills near Denver—many have never before been described in another guidebook.
- Seldom explored trails where no leashes are required and terrain is easy on the paws
- Advice on keeping your dog happy, healthy, and hydrated on Colorado's High Country trails
- What to pack: the Ten Canine Essentials and a Doggy First Aid Kit
- Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Colorado Flag Bandana for Dogs
A handmade, one-of-a-kind bandana for your pup. We guarantee you’ll hear “where did you get that?” on one of your hikes together!
- Size Medium: 16"x16" Square. Fits necks up to 14" (husky, smaller golden retrievers, mini-ausie, brittany spaniel, corgi, beagle, border collie)
- Size Large: 22"x22" Square. Fits necks up to 20" (golden retriever, pit bulls, labradors, german shepherd, standard golden doodle)
The two of you can both stay hydrated with your new lightweight water bottle. Details: 24oz stainless steel water bottle comes in matte black includes a Colorado paw print sticker.